Accessing financial assistance
The following organizations provide assistance for eligible dog and cat owners:
- Fairy Dog Parents assists qualified dog parents with the costs of food, medical assistance, and general wellness.
- Kibble Kitchen Pet Food Bank helps people who are struggling financially to get food for their dogs or cats.
- Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society provides funding for medical care, food, or medications in order to help keep cats with their families.
- Merwin Clinic (Allston) provides free office visits and free outpatient veterinary services.
- Metrowest Pet Pantry temporarily provides low/no cost food and supplies to pet owners in need.
- Second Chance Animal Shelter in East Brookfield and North Brookfield provides low-cost vaccines and microchip clinics.
- Rhode Island Spay/Neuter Services offers high-quality, subsidized spay and neuter services for dogs and cats.
- Bay State Dogs is a resource for pit bull mixes that need to be surrendered. They will evaluate the animals on a case-by-case basis.
- Phinney’s Friends is dedicated to the human-animal bond during times of crisis. They have a very comprehensive resources page.