Accessing financial assistance
- Phinneys Friends provides access to free and low-cost veterinary care, vaccinations, and more.
- Fairy Dog Parents assists qualified dog parents with the costs of food, medical assistance, and general wellness.
- Massachusetts food pantries that helps people who are struggling financially to get food for their dogs or cats.
- Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society provides funding for medical care, food, or medications in order to help keep cats with their families. There is also a bridge program to provide temporary foster care for your cat if you have an emergency such as a medical issue or military deployment.
- Merwin Clinic (Allston) provides free office visits and free outpatient veterinary services.
- Metrowest Pet Pantry temporarily provides low/no cost food and supplies to pet owners in need.
- Second Chance Animal Shelter in East Brookfield and North Brookfield provides low-cost vaccines and microchip clinics.
- Rhode Island Spay/Neuter Services offers high-quality, subsidized spay and neuter services for dogs and cats.
- Bay State Dogs is a resource for pit bull mixes that need to be surrendered. They will evaluate the animals on a case-by-case basis.