Caring for your new dog
Congratulations on adopting your new best friend! Here are some helpful resources to get you and your new buddy off to a great start:
- Preparing your home for a new pet: Find advice on training, pet-proofing, and more.
- Introducing your cat to your new dog: Make both pets lifelong friends by letting them get to know each other in a phased approach.
- Introducing your dog to a new dog: Take a smart approach to bringing a new dog into the household. It could be the difference between a positive and negative experience.
- Finding a reputable dog trainer. You can also call us for a recommendation of a trainer near you!
- Protecting your dog from getting lost.
- Training. We strongly support positive reinforcement for your dog. Training provides a wonderful opportunity to reinforce your dog's skils, protect their safety, and bond with your dog. Some training certifications such as Canine Good Citizen® may even help you to save money on your homeowner’s insurance.
We’re happy to recommend trainers that use positive reinforcement methods such as clicker training and treats. Feel free to contact us for local trainer suggestions.